7 March 2014

Write and Blog // Itty Bitty Bijou

You may have noticed that I have been writing and blogging more - on Itty Bitty Bijou but also over at the Catharine Noble Photography blog too. This is something I have wanted to get into for the last 12 months or more, but I always seemed to put too much pressure on myself. I had work to share as well as ideas and topics to talk about but I didn't feel like I had a voice - or that anyone would listen.

I felt that every post had to be the best post ever written on a blog, the content and images should all be completely unique and original - and that there should also be some major styled shoot by myself too! I didn't have the time for all of that, or the confidence.

In the new year, one of my goals and resolutions I set myself was to actually start writing and blogging. To feel the fear and do it anyway! I found it difficult at first but really enjoyed sharing - whether it's my work, advice or something fab I've come across. I felt elated for rising to the challenge! You'd think I had stepped out in public without my makeup on but that's how it seemed. Putting myself 'out there', open to criticism and negativity and that people wouldn't like me or my work.

So, I thought about the beauty guru Melissa Raymond, who always tells people - this is me, this is my youtube channel, my opinions and work - if you don't like me you don't have to watch. Good points.

I'm also a fan of Shameless Maya and her 'Be Shameless' project ( I'll dedicate a post solely to this another time ) but she tells you that if you're in a business like this - you need to put yourself out there because everyone else is! Be Shameless!

So here I am, challenging myself and achieving my goals - growing because of it personally, in business and even feeling good about it! So far I've had a very nice response, which builds my confidence and I thank those friends and people in my business network who are supporting me! Thank You x


Read Don't Forget to Sparkle > Making a supportive network of associates when you work for yourself
 Read Bloom & Grow > Continue to move forwards in your work

Image Credit . Photo By Stephanie Sterjovski / Graphic by Itty Bitty Bijou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...